SCHOOL OF NURSING STUDENT SUCCESS RESOURCE CENTER
H BUILDING 1140
DEBORAH PATTERSON, MS - INTERIM DIRECTOR
The School of Nursing Students Success Resource Center was built and designed to provide academic assistance to nursing and pre-nursing students at Georgia State University Perimeter College and provides a hands-on learning environment for all students. Students may self-refer or be referred to the program by College faculty and staff. Depending on need, students may receive assistance in such areas as medical-math skills, college survival skills, test taking strategies, time management, stress reduction, and general study skills. Review sessions in specific content areas are offered as well as individual and small group tutoring sessions.
The School of Nursing Student Success Resource Center supports the acquisition of academic and life management skills to Georgia State University Perimeter College nursing students enhancing retention, graduation, and employment of safe, competent, and caring nursing professionals.
To promote student success and retention in the Georgia State University, School of Nursing, Associate Degree Program, Perimeter College through enhancing student learning and skill acquisition by providing tutorial resources and life management skills.
- Increases retention rate of all admitted nursing students through graduation
- Assist students in developing competencies necessary for success including organization techniques, time management, note and test taking, and critical reasoning skills.
- Concept Reinforcement
- Clinical Reasoning Practice
- Personal Counseling
- Life Management
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Study Strategies
- Test Taking Skills
- One-on-one peer support
- Resource sharing and success support
- Student Boot Camps/Orientation (NURS 1921, NURS 1926)
- Faculty Mentoring (New faculty, facilitator development and support)