Nursing Program of Study
|General Education||Credit Hours|
|BIOL 1611 & 1611L Human Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|BIOL 1612 & 1612L Human Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|BIOL 1913 & 1913L Microbiology||4|
|COMM 1201 Public Speaking *||3|
|ENGL 1101 English Compostition I *||3|
|HIST 2111 or 2112 U.S. History *||3|
|Humanities * (Choose one from area C in college catalog)||3|
|MATH 1001 Quantitative Skills and Reasoning||3|
|PHED 1101 Choices for Life||1|
|POLS 1101 American Government *||3|
|PSYC 1101 Introduction to General Psychology *||3|
|RSCH 1203 Research Strategies & Technology||1|
|Total Credit Hours||35|
* or honors version
Professional Curriculum for Generic Track
You must be admitted to the Nursing Program to start the Professional Curriculum.
Students may enroll in a course in the Summer Semester if courses are offered with permission from the Department Chair.
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|NURS 1921 Fundamental Concepts of Nursing||8|
|NURS 1930 Intermediate Concepts of Nursing||9|
|NURS 2922 Obstetrics Nursing Concepts||3|
|NURS 2924 Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Concepts||3|
|NURS 2927 Pediatric Nursing Concepts||4|
|NURS 2928 Advances Concepts of Nursing||9|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
- Any college level math course at the 1001 level or above will meet requirements.
- The passing of standardized nursing exams is required for successful progression from course to course and from First Year to Second Year.
- Each biology course and lab must have a minimum grade of "C." (Admissions requirement is a cumulative GPA of 2.7 in the biology courses required for nursing.) All biology courses, listed under Nursing General Education, older than six years must be repeated.
- Chemistry is required as a prerequisite for BIOL 1611 and 1611L. (Please contact the Science Department regarding these Chemistry requirements)
- Foreign Language courses cannot be used for the Humanities requirement.
- Classes and clinical experiences under the Professional Curriculum occur on varying days and times of the week.
Students must earn an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better on courses presented for graduation.