Purchase Order Process
The information in these procedures will insure that each budget manager will be able to process requests with a minimum of problems from Central Stores and Outside vendors. Please read all of the procedures carefully. Requests should be typed and double spaced. If you need clarification, call Purchasing. The phone number is (678) 891-3325.
Steps for Completing a “Request for Supplies and Services”
2-From: Department name
3-Department Head: Type budget manager’s name (person signing request)
4-Phone Extension: Phone number of a person who can answer questions regarding request (secretary)
5-Contact name: Secretary
6-Location: Bldg. and room number for delivery and inventory tracking
7-Subject: Type of purchase
8-Approved: Signature of Department Head
9-Account number(s): It is necessary to separate each section of this
number with a dash
10-Item # Catalog # Item Description Qty/Unit Cost /Unit Total Amount
Please double-space the items on each request. Number each item
sequentially. Type item number, catalog number, product and model
number first, followed by a brief description. The quantity
and unit times the unit price must equal the total price. Always
include the unit. Do not use dollar marks in either column. Give
two letter abbreviation of unit. All information must be completed or request
will be returned to department.
See attached unit list sample #2
11-Recommended Vendor Street Address City, State, Zip Phone
Please include the vendor’s name, address, city, state, zip code, and area code-phone number. Do not abbreviate any of the above. For new companies only you must include Federal ID number.
Multi-page requests: Your purchase order will only reflect
the request number from page one.
For repairs of equipment, you must have complete location of equipment, serial number, inventory number and contact person.
Request for Office Supplies
1. Office supplies should be order from the State Wide Contract Vendor “Staples”. Please use the Visa Purchasing card for office supply orders when possible. Ensure when placing orders to include all contact information for delivery. If the item is not available on this contract or if you can find better pricing, please contact Logistical Services for an exception.
2. Staple Accounts can be set-up by contacting Janet Cook at:
Customer Service Tel: 1-877-826-7755
Customer Service Fax: 1-877-609-7770
Purchasing Order of Precedence
All purchases must follow the Order of Precedence as required by the State Purchasing Division at Department of Administrative Services (DOAS). Exception must be approved by the Department of Logistical Services and DOAS.
1. Mandatory State Wide Contracts http://ssl.doas.state.ga.us/PRSapp/PR_StateWide_contract_menu.jsp
2. State Entity Contract (Agency Contracts)
Contract competitively bid and entered into by the President or his designated representative. Contact Logistical Services for details.
Georgia Enterprise (GEPS) Certified Items list: http://www.doas.georgia.gov/StateLocal/SPD/Docs_SPD_General/StateUseProcurementList.pdf
4. Convenience Contracts http://ssl.doas.state.ga.us/PRSapp/PR_StateWide_contract_menu.jsp
5. Open Market Purchases (OMP)
competition required if < $5K and can be used with the P-Card where applicable.
(Try to shop around to obtain best pricing)
> $5K requires competitive bidding ( Goods or Service that can be reasonably foreseen during the fiscal year that will exceed $5000.00 must be competitively bid)
6. Exempt items from the competitive bid process. http://www.doas.georgia.gov/StateLocal/SPD/Docs_SPD_General/NIGPExemptList.pdf
Emergency Field Purchase Orders
1 An emergency is when academic, research, plant or technical personnel are idled or unable to perform duties in the required time due to lack of materials or services. POOR PLANNING IS NOT CONSIDERED AN EMERGENCY.
2. The budget manager should carefully determine if an emergency exists. If so, call Purchasing for an emergency purchase order number. Have the following information available: request number, account number, amount of purchase, and vendor’s name, complete address, and phone number.
3. Purchasing will need a request for the emergency. Please type the emergency EPO number you were given on the request below the request number box. (Top right hand corner). Please send request to Purchasing within 2 days.
Request Over $5000 - These items must be bid and complete specifications attached
1. The state requires the manufacturer’s name/brand and model number.
2. List three (if known) recommended vendors with complete addresses and phone numbers.
3. Include complete specifications on separate sheets of paper. Number each specification sequentially.
4. Include any special instructions: delivery date, “this brand only” (give reasons why), etc.
5. An amount must always be given. If it is not the exact amount,
you must give an estimate or amount not to be exceeded.
IBM WHEEL WRITER 1000 TYPEWRITER
COLOR: PEARL WHITE W/SHELL GRAY AND PEARL WHITE KEY BUTTONS
SIZE: NOT TO EXCEED 21" W X 15" D
WEIGHT: NOT TO EXCEED 23 LBS..
PITCH: 10,12, OR 15 CHARACTERS PER INCH
PAPER CAPACITY: MINIMUM OF 14.75"
KEYBOARD: MINIMUM OF 96 CHARACTER
PRINT SPEED: MINIMUM OF 16 CPS BIDIRECTIONAL
POWER SUPPLY: UNIVERSAL POWER SUPPLY, AUTO SENSING 100-240
SPELL CHECK CAPABILITY WITH A MINIMUM OF 50,000 WORD DICTIONARY
REPRINT WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO PRINT MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE ORIGINAL
PC PRINTER OPTION TO ALLOW YOU TO CONNECT TO YOUR PC PRINTER
PROGRAMMABLE TOP MARGIN ALLOWS YOU TO SET THE TOP MARGIN
ALTERNATE LANGUAGE KEYBOARD ALLOWS YOU TO TYPE IN MANY LANGUAGES
SOUND HOOD AND CARRYING CASE
WARRANTY: MINIMUM OF 90 DAYS PARTS AND LABOR
sample - Bid Specifications (typed)