In addition to study abroad, there are festivals, events, volunteer projects and clubs to afford every GPC student a world of opportunities.
To better serve the needs of our students, the Study Abroad Fair has been restructured and renamed "A World of Opportunities". The fair will be open not only to study abroad programs, but also to clubs, events, and organizations that offer opportunities for students to receive an international experience without leaving Atlanta, or even GPC.
Representatives from a variety of programs, schools and departments will be on hand to answer questions about the different opportunities available to you.
When: 10am- 2pm September 29, 2010
Where: Decatur Campus Student Center (upper level) [map]
2010- Featured Programs/ Information Displays
Opportunities at GPC-
- International Certificate
- Dragon Boat Racing Team
- Hispanic Connection Student Club
- International Student Admissions and Advising- International Student Admissions and Advising (ISAA) provides admissions, immigration, and cultural support services to international students attending GPC.
- International Peer Assistant Program- The International Peer Assistant (IPA) Program offers peer support and programming to help bring international and American students together for cross-cultural sharing experiences.
- Japan Society- The Japan Society club is for students with an interest in Japanese culture, literature, art, language, and media. We explore and discuss various elements of Japanese culture.
- Decatur Spanish Club
Local Volunteer Opportunities-
- Culture Connect- Culture Connect develops cultural fluency among both immigrants and service providers to advance Atlanta as a flourishing internationally diverse community. Volunteer to be a mentor to an immigrant or refugee youth or to advocate for language access rights in the metro Atlanta community today!
- Refugee Family Services- The mission of Refugee Family Services is to support the efforts of refugee women and children to achieve self-sufficiency in the U.S. by providing education and economic opportunity. We have two main volunteer opportunities that help support this mission- becoming an Afterschool tutor for elementary and middle school students or a YES mentor for high school students.
- Foundation Office- Providing scholarships for GPC students.
- Gilman Scholarships- GPC alumni and Gilman Scholarship Recipient Darren Hamilton, will be at the fair to his own experience as a study abroad student in Tokyo, as well as providing information on applying for, and the benefits of receiving, the Gilman Scholarship.
Study Abroad Programs-
- Greece, Summer Program 2011
- China, Summer Program 2011
- Study Abroad in the South Pacific (Australia, Antarctica, New Zealand....) Spring, Summer and Fall 2011
- Canada, Summer Program 2011
- Kennesaw State University Study Abroad Programs (World Wide)
- Georgia State University Study Abroad Programs (World Wide)
- UGA Costa Rica Campus- UGA Costa Rica offers over 20 inter-disciplinary, field-based learning opportunities and cultural immersion programs on our 160 acre campus in the tropical cloud forest environment of San Luis, Costa Rica.
Salamanca, Spain, ASU Summer Program 2011