GPC students practiced Chinese language and economics in Nanjing, China during summer session 2009.
The Atlanta Chapter of NACA has continued to organize and sponsor activities that bring together Chinese dignitaries, local Georgia government officials as well as community and business leaders. NACA's mission has been as a facilitator to promote cultural, educational, scientific and business relationships between these parties. It also strongly encourages Chinese-Americans to participate in the American political process while preserving Chinese heritage in the American culture.
Eligible applicants are Georgia Perimeter College students who-
1) have completed at least one academic year at GPC
2) a GPA of 2.7 or above and
3) have applied to study abroad on an eligible program in Asia and
4) will be enrolled at GPC for at least one credit-bearing class as part of study abroad and
5) are currently enrolled at GPC and will continue to be a fully enrolled at GPC student thru the duration of the study abroad program.
1) Submit an application form with [download
2) a brief essay (300 words) explaining what impact he or she expects studying in Asia to have on his/her life and career, and
3) a written explanation of his/her financial need for the scholarship (no word limit).
Note: You must submit your study abroad program application in full before you apply for this scholarship. Students are responsible for making all program fee payment deadlines on time, even if scholarship funds have not yet been distributed.
Application deadline: Friday January, 14 2011