Employee Travel and Reimbursement
THE TRAVEL PROCESS
Submit a Prior Approval for Travel Authorization form to the Budget Office, Decatur Campus.
- Prior Approval must be completed and signed by your supervisor.
- Prior Approval should be submitted at least two weeks prior to any registration deadlines.
- If traveling by air, an authorization number will be assigned by the Budget Office.
- An approved copy will be returned to the department if you include extra copies.
Prepayment of Registration Fees
- One completed and approved Payment Request, including the Federal Identification Number.
- Three copies of a completed and approved Prior Approval for Travel Authorization form.
- Original and one additional copy of the completed registration form.
- Complete the Travel Expense Statement, with supervisor's approval, and submit it to the Budget Office, Decatur Campus
- Include original receipts for lodging, vehicle rental, registration, and airfare with the expense statement.
Authorization for Travel
Approvals for local travel are submitted on a fiscal year basis. Authorized expense amounts must be approved by the department budget manager.
Registration Fees may be paid in advance by the College. A payment request with the Federal Identification No., registration form with one additional copy, and Prior Approval for Travel Authorization form should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the registration deadline. Send all forms directly to Accounting Services, Decatur Campus.
Effective April 2012 the mileage rate is $0.555 per mile.
Campus Travel - mileage limits one way
Reimbursement for local campus travel will be limited to the following:
|Between Alpharetta andů|
|Between Clarkston andů|
|Between Decatur andů|
|Between Dunwoody andů|
|Between Lakeside andů|
|Between Newton andů|
Travel Expense Statements
Travel Expense Statements must be submitted within 45 days of the trip. Incomplete forms will be returned to the employee. Statements received after 45 days may not be reimbursed. Original receipts are required for lodging, airfare, and vehicle rental. Travel reimbursements are made via direct deposit.
The daily meal limits shown below may be considered as a single daily total:
|Number of Meals Reimbursed||Meals Reimbursed||Maximum Allowable Expense|
|3 meals per day||breakfast/lunch/dinner||$28.00|
|2 meals per day||breakfast/lunch||$13.00|
|1 meal per day||breakfast||$ 6.00|