Physical Sciences Labs
Laboratory Safety Policy
All students must read and agree to abide by the laboratory policies and procedures listed in the Science Laboratory Safety Contract & Guidelines. Each student must submit a signed Laboratory Safety Contract to his or her instructor, and complete a safety quiz, by the second lab session.
Students should also read the Dunwoody physical sciences labs Policies & Procedures for their discipline.
Follow these steps:
1. Read the GPC Lab Safety Guidelines for your discipline:
Geology students should also view the Geology lab safety video at:
2. Read the Lab Policies & Procedures for your discipline:
3. Fill-out and sign the Safety Contract.
This is page 1 of the above document. For your convenience, the signature page can be downloaded here:
Be sure to list your course name and section number, as well as your name and your instructor's name.
4. Take the Lab Safety & Lab Procedures Quiz.
Your instructor should post the quiz in the iCollege section for your course. The quiz can be taken and graded within iCollege.
If the quiz is not posted in iCollege, you can take it here. Obtain a scantron form (Form No. 882-E). Record your name and the lab course and section on the form. Open the test below and mark your answers on the scantron in pencil.
4. Submit your signed contract to your instructor at the beginning of your second lab session. If you took the quiz from this page, also submit your completed scantron.
- No student may remain in the laboratories in the absence of a signed Safety Contract.
- You must score 100% on the safety quiz. If your score is not 100%, you will be required to review the relevant section of the safety guidelines and to correct your submission before you can continue with your lab work.
Questions & Comments:
Physical Sciences Lab Supervisor
NC-1321 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not telephone! Mr Penly will not respond to telephone messages from students.