Get Your Library PIN
What is a GIL PIN or Library PIN?
You GIL PIN, or library PIN, is a password unique to your library account. It is not the same as any other GPC password (unless you change it to be the same). Its function is to keep your library account confidential.
When is the PIN required?
The PIN is required when you log into your library account to:
- request books or materials
- monitor your requests|
- see what you have checked out and when they are due
- renew books or materials
- check your fines
- get the GALILEO password
- save search results to folders and more
When is the PIN NOT required?
The PIN is NOT required to:
- search the library catalog
- log into GALILEO (you need the GALILEO password)
- log into GPC electronic resources
How can I get my PIN?
- When you try to log into your library account through the link on the library homepage or when using the catalog, you will be directed to the My Account Login page.
- Enter your Patron Barcode (i.e. GPC-ID or 900#) and your last name, then click on the "Get My Pin" link.
- A temporary PIN will then be emailed to your GPC email address. (The email ending in @student.gpc.edu or @gpc.edu, NOT your iCollege email.)
- When you receive the PIN, log into your library account and click on the "Change PIN" link under your profile information in your patron account. Your PIN must be 5 to 12 alphanumeric characters and contain no special characters (like $, @, or _).
(If you're using Internet Explorer to change your PIN the browser may hang up for a minute or so while completing the process, but your PIN will change. Firefox users will not experience this delay.)
Can you just show me how to get my PIN?
Certainly! Watch our GIL PIN video on YouTube!
What if I'm having problems retrieving my PIN?
No problem! Just contact one of the circulation desk at any GPC library.
Alpharetta Circulation 678- 240-6135
Clarkston Circulation: 678-891-3647
Decatur Circulation: 678-891-2591
Dunwoody Circulation: 770-274-5085
Newton Circulation: 770-278-1260
Help! I'm a student, but I've never used GPC Webmail and I'm not sure how to set it up!
Is there a PIN FAQ?
Why, yes, there is! Please see the official GIL Patron PIN FAQ for other frequently asked questions about GIL PINs.