Move On When Ready Program


What Courses Should My Child Take?

Your child should take courses to help him or her finish high school and prepare for college. These can be any courses on any GPC campus. But, Move On When Ready only pays the cost for coursework up to 15 credit hours from the GPC MOWR approved course list . Also talk to your child about taking some courses to see what subjects he or she likes to study.

Your child might be able to take online courses, too. Think carefully about online courses since they require more maturity and commitment than face-to-face classes. Some online classes will require your child to come to campus for a class orientation or to take tests and the final exam.

Your child needs to meet with his high school advisor to determine what classes he or she needs for high school graduation.  Then your child will make an appointment to talk with the MOWR Coordinator about classes he or she wants to take. The Coordinator can help your child register for classes. You are invited to come with your child to see the MOWR Coordinator. View what courses are offered at GPC each semester.