Move On When Ready
Fast Forward to Your Future

Start Your College Career Before You Graduate High School! 

If youíre a qualified senior or junior you can take college courses while
still in high school through Georgia Perimeter Collegeís Move On When Ready
Program. Credits earned as a Move On When Ready student with GPC will
transfer to most other colleges and universities through-out Georgia and the US.


Student Eligibility
To be eligible for Move On When Ready, a student must:

  • Be a rising Junior or Senior in high school
  • Be on track to graduate
  • Obtain approval of the high school guidance counselor and parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
  • Must remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher at Georgia Perimeter College to
    remain eligible for the program

Admission Requirements

  1. High School GPA Requirement: 3.0 in core courses on a 4.0 scale as calculated by GPC
  2. Test scores: Students may take either the ACT or SAT. The following minimum scores are required:

ACT Requirement:

  • Minimum composite score of 20

  • ACT English minimum score of 20

  • ACT Math minimum score of 21

SAT Requirement:

  • Minimum combined Critical Reading and Math score of 980

  • SAT Critical Reading minimum score of 480

  • SAT Math minimum score of 500


Application Deadlines

Applicants must submit the application, and have required documents processed by the
appropriate deadline

  • Fall semester deadline July 1st
  • Spring semester deadline November 1st
  • Summer semester deadline April 1st



Application Instructions
  1. Complete a Georgia Perimeter College application online through or
  2. Use the fee waiver code "MOWR".
  3. Submit an official high school transcript, preferably uploaded to or
  4. Submit a current Certificate of Immunization.
  5. Submit a MOWR Parental Consent Form.
  6. Submit a completed MOWR Student Participation Agreement signed by student, parent and high school counselor.
  7. Have an official SAT or ACT score report sent directly to GPC from the College Board.
    • The college code for the ACT 0806
    • The college code for the SAT is 5711.
    • The location is Clarkston, Ga.
  8. Submit AP scores directly to GPC from the College Board.
  9. Check your application status.


The typical timeline for processing an application and supporting documents
to receive a decision is approximately is 4-6 weeks. Please plan accordingly.





Students who attend Georgia Perimeter College as a Move On When Ready student are eligible for the Move On When Ready
award, which is administered by the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC).
The Move On When Ready award pays tuition, fees and provides textbooks.
The cost for full-time coursework up to 15 semester hours from the GPC MOWR approved course list will be funded by the Georgia Student Finance Commission.
Other cost of attendance expenses including lab fees, course related fees, meals, transportation and personal expenses are the responsibility of the student/parent/guardian.
The cost of any courses not covered under the GPC MOWR approved course list are the financial responsibility of the student/parent/guardian.

Students must apply online for this award each semester. It is not automatic.
Log in to for more information about the MOWR award.


Next Steps for Accepted Dual Enrollment Students
These next steps only apply to you if you have already been "admitted" to GPC.

  1. Complete and submit the paper Move On When Ready Student Participation Agreement signed by you, your parent, and your high school guidance counselor.
    Bring this completed form to your advisement/orientation appointment with your Dual Enrollment/MOWR Coordinator.
  2. Complete the Move On When Ready online application for funding. You must complete the electronic version of the application via the GAcollege411 website. (Exception: Home school students must complete the paper PDF version.)
  3. Submit AP scores (if applicable). You may be eligible for college credit for most AP exams on which you scored 3 or higher. Georgia Perimeter Collegeís code is 5711. Students are responsible for checking with their intended four year institutions to see what they will accept for AP scores as these differ from one institution to another.
  4. Set up your Georgia Perimeter email account. Set this up right away! Remember that Georgia Perimeter will send all important emails to your Georgia Perimeter email address. Please start using the Georgia Perimeter email to contact us.
  5. Verify your lawful presence. (If you have not already done so) All admitted students who plan to enroll must comply with the Lawful Presence requirements detailed here. Learnerís permits and high school identification cards are not accepted.
  6. Submit required immunization records. Contact the GPC Student Health Center for more details and contact information.
  7. Schedule math placement test. Dual Enrollment/MOWR students must take the Math Placement if they plan to take a Math course higher than Math 1111 (College Algebra). Contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment for the Math Placement Test. This test will cost $20.
  8. Call and schedule an advisement/orientation appointment to come in and meet with your MOWR Coordinator for registration. Students taking a GPC course at their high school location/address will not need an appointment.



Policies & Regulations

Academic Standing:

  • Student must remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher at Georgia Perimeter College to remain eligible to participate in the program.

  • Students whose Georgia Perimeter College GPA falls below a 2.0 will not be permitted to continue participation in the Georgia Perimeter College MOWR program.

Georgia Perimeter College Bookstore will loan required textbooks to each student enrolled in the Move On When Ready program each semester, with the agreement that the textbooks will be returned to Georgia Perimeter College Bookstore at the end of each semester.