Get Prepared For Your Future Career!
Career Day 2013
“How to Get and Keep the Job of Your Dreams!”
The goal of Career Day 2013 is for GPC students to develop an understanding of how a specific major can be utilized in many different fields.
GPC’s Career Day differs from a traditional career fair by offering information through small, one-hour seminars rather than by exhibits or booths. Executives and specialist from over 100 businesses and organizations participate in 25 different, industry specific panel discussions where they dialogue with students about what it takes to be successful in their position. Topics includes:
· required academic background
· essential skills and personal traits that are fundamental to the position
· daily tasks
· major responsibilities
· how individual performance deliverables help the organization achieve its key business objectives
Career Day 2013 will be held on Friday, March 15, 2013 at GPC’s Clarkston Campus. Limited transportation and breakfast will be provided. The day will begin promptly at 7:30 a.m. and conclude at 1:00 p.m. GPC Students will have the opportunity to participate in two (2) industry specific seminars plus a bonus session that will offer practical advice on:
· resume building
· interviewing attire and techniques
· strategies for becoming the best at your craft
· how to get the promotion you want
· managing work life balance
This is a FREE college-wide event however, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY MARCH 1, 2013. Please use the following link to register today!
BUSINESS ATTIRE IS REQUIRED
· Appropriate Business Attire for Females: business suit OR professional style dress OR blouse and skirt or slacks; closed-toe shoes and preferably panty hose.
· Appropriate Business Attire for Males: business suit OR dress slacks AND collared shirt and tie, sport coat (preferred).
· Inappropriate Attire (NOT PERMITTED): Jeans or denims, athletic shoes or sport shoes, sandals, casual and baggy tops or pants, mid-thigh dresses or skirts, revealing attire of any type, plunging necklines .
Presenting Sponsors: Leadership Academy, GPC Student Government Association and the US Army
In-Kind Sponsors: GPC Business Administration Department, GPC Foundation, GPC Office of Marketing and Public Relations
Brought to you by: DeKalb Early College Academy, Gateway to College Academy, GPC Online, GPC Advising, Counseling & Retention Services and the Office of Student Life.